Hello. My name is Abraham Wallin. I’m a designer living in San Francisco with the belief that constantly creating is an essential element in human evolution. For the past 15 years I’ve designed and developed visuals and interactions for web, mobile and games.
Currently I’m the Design Director at Kiva, a non-profit with the mission to alleviate poverty through microlending. I’m also the creator of the iPhone app Farmanac, a detailed guide to fruit and vegetables. Previously I worked as a designer at Wikia (one of the 25 most visited websites) and Electronic Arts (on games such as The Sims 3, Tiger Woods Golf and Lord of the Rings).
I design with the belief that form must follow function; that successful products are centered on an understanding of, and empathy for, people; and that truly remarkable creations attest to the humanity of the people who built them.
I spend time walking in the woods, paddling in the ocean, sliding down mountains and fighting the good fight. But my wife and sons always come first.
A Few More Things…
- Travel has taught me a lot about the world. Havana, New Zealand and El Salvador being my most memorable trips.
- My sister is an editor and creator of The Usual.
- My Grandfather got me started building websites in 1993.
- My HTML and CSS skills aren’t half bad but I’m a bit of a hack when it comes to PHP.
- I think in pencil, design with Sketch 3 and love Apple products.
- Ginger beer and dark rum can be mixed into a fine cocktail – which I’ve written about extensively.
- I don’t always have a beard, but when I do I look like The Most Interesting Man in the World.